Namaste and welcome to the website of Vedantic Study Group of Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago. This group was started in June 2007 by a handful of students who started to listen to the pre-recorded classes of Baghwat Geeta by Swami Paramarthananda. Since then, this group has continued to study Upanishads and other vedic philosophies under the guidance of Swami Paramarthananda.
Currently we listen to pre-recorded classes by Swamiji’s twice a week – on Saturdays starting at 4 PM (in Viverkanada Hall) and on Sundays starting at 8:45 AM (at the Board Room).
Our Saturdays, we listen to Baghawat Geeta and these sessions started on October 24, 2015.
Sunday classes started in June 2007 and have completed the following classes by Swami Paramarthananda:
- Bagawat Gita (243 classes)
- Tattvaodha (22 classes)
- Atmabodha (30 classes)
- Dhakshinamurti Sosthram (21 classes)
- Mundaka Upanishad (38 classes)
- Kena Upanishad (12 classes)
- Katha Upanishad (45 classes)
- Prashna Upanishads (22 classes)
- Kaivalya Upanishads (13 classes)
- Upadesa sara by Ramana Maharishi (11 classes)
- Sad-darshanam by Ramana Maharishi (24 classes)
Currently we are listening to Taitreya Upanishads (55 classes). Our classes are open to everyone and all are welcome to attend Swamiji’s classes.
The contents of this website is categorized into the following categories and you can access many resources and articles by selecting on the upper side of the screen.
- Swamiji: Special speeches given by Swamiji ; This section has sub-categories of Special Talks and Quotes, which includes profound quotes made by Swamiji
- Class Notes: In this section, we publish notes taken by the students of Swamiji Classes. Currently we have class notes for Baghawat Geeta, Tatva Bodha, Katha Upanishad, Prasna Upanishad, upadesha saaram, Sad-darshanam and Taitreya Upanishads. We continue to add class notes as we progress with each topic taught by Swamiji. The class notes are written by the students of the class and we encourage all students to share their notes and comments
- Documents: This section contains articles and documents related to vedic scriptures
Thank you very much for visiting our website and your interest in vedanta.